Guiding the Future of Community of Hope
The Guide Team has the responsibility to oversee a specific campus of Community of Hope. These teams are charged with governance responsibilities and are accountable to the Community of Hope Lead Team. Laity and select staff from the specific campus can serve on the Guide Team. The Campus Pastor leads this team. The Lead Pastor is also on this team. This teams assignments include but are not limited to:
- Protecting the mission, vision, strategy and statements of Community of Hope.
- Provide discernment regarding opportunities and challenges.
- Denominational Responsibilities – Oversee the Board of Trustee, Finance Committee and Staff-Parish Relations Committee responsibilities in keeping with the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church and report as needed to the Lead Team.
- Providing the accountability for appointed Campus Pastor and participate in the annual 360 evaluation of Campus Pastor.
- Make Campus Pastor salary and benefits recommendation to Lead Team.
- Removing growth barriers.
- Creating growth engines.
Apply for the Guide Team
Thank you for your interest and your desire to become a member of a Guide Team for Community of Hope. It is important for our leaders to support and live out the specific priorities of our fellowship.
Leadership in a local church is a great privilege and a solemn responsibility. No believer is perfect; we’re all in process. However, Scripture lays out some additional qualifications for ministry leaders and indicates that there will be stricter judgment for those who teach and lead (James 3:1). Because a ministry leader is a model to others, it is especially important to live in a way that is worthy of following. All of us in the Body of Christ may at times need to give up our own rights out of love and sensitivity to others (Romans 14:7-15:3), but this especially applies to leaders.
Prayerfully, please complete all questions on this application form, answering each question honestly before the Lord. Before completing this form please take time to read: 1 Timothy 3:1-3, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-10, where the Bible outlines qualifications for church leaders.